2.9
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I pay on-time every month in the thousands. Very happy user of the Fidelity Amex card, until Fidelity made a move over to Elan Financial Services for the Visa Signature card.

Since then, I've had to change my account number 3 times in less than a year, due to online credit card fraud. I swear that a whole bunch of hackers must have a full database of these Elan CC numbers and just roll through them at random, and Elan continues to re-issue card prior numbers that have had fraud attached to them, like a new phone number that you received that gets too many telemarketers autodialing it. Today, I received the final disposition of the first fraud case. Apparently I owe Elan money for multiple online transactions with the same electronics e-commerce company based in California, amounting to a total of $598.05.

Here is the judgement on the fraud case: "Signature on transaction appears to match that of the cardholder." Are you serious, Elan? It was a fraud pattern that you had detected and notified me of, when this originally had happened. I have no account with this online retailer, and these fraudulent transactions had been made online. Thank you for initially notifying me, but now, HOW WOULD I HAVE EVEN SIGNED ANY CREDIT CARD RECEIPT for this retailer if I don't live in California (and I live on the opposite coast) and my statement before Elan took it off and gave me a chargeback said, ".com" -- clearly, it was a group of online purchases, HOW would I have signed for these transactions?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that 2+2=4. I know they are going to make me fight them for this amount of money, and it's not chump change. Reading all of the reviews here make me so angry that they can take advantage of me and all of these other consumers that wanted this credit product to work out so badly. That is why I am writing this, to warn people of my experience with the actual fraud department at Elan, who clearly isn't on the customer's side.

I am writing this because I love Fidelity and this program, but this is really the wrong bank to be partnering with for a credit product. For that, I will give my money to a bank reputable enough to have the resources to handle and prosecute fraud cases without being so careless and inaccurate. Hackers must have lists upon lists of these Elan CC numbers, and they re-issue them. It's a great credit card to have, but the "bank" behind it will hold you responsible for fraudulent activity, based on this experience I've had.

I have called the fraud rep and the general number explaining my situation and no one wants to engage in this painfully accurate disconnect between a fraudulent transaction and consumer that wasn't there to SIGN for a ONLINE transaction. I'm done.

Review about: Fidelity Financial Services Fidelity Signature Reward Card.

Reason of review: Fraud investigation inaccuracy.

Preferred solution: Actually investigate the case and furnish the proof of signature for the fraudulent transactions to the customer, with assessor's verdict.

I didn't like: Shady practices, Lack of professional knowledge.

Comments

In 2013 there was an un authorized account opened in my name with Elan Financial Services and I have disputed it ever since and they continue to holde responsible. There reason is because I had access to a phone and mail thus I "could have the ability to open an account". Embarrassing fact but pertinent is I was in jail at the time this account was opened.