My wife died in Jan, 2015 and I sent a letter canceling the card.In March, 2016, there was a $12 charge to the card from an annual auto debit.

I paid the $12 and again asked them to cancel the card and stated that I would not honor any more charges. In March, 2017, another $12 charge.. I called on April 7, 2017 and they claimed to have no record of my letters, but they would take care of the matter. In the meantime, the $12 charge has accumulated late fees totaling $90!

The $12 balance has grown to $102.00!! Yesterday, on Sunday afternoon, I received a "collection call" for the "past due" account. When I informed the lady, that my wife had been deceased for over 2 years, she made a comment that she would "make a note on the account" and hung up!!

WHAT A TERRIBLE COMPANY!!ed

Review about: Elan Financial Services Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Cancel the account. I am not paying any of the unauthorized charges which are all the charges on the account!.

I didn't like: Described in complaint, Customer service.

Had an Experience with Elan Financial Services?

Comments

What a bunch of idiots at Elan. This is pretty low, no compassion on they're part. Elan, you just made up my mind, to close my Visa acct.