My wife died in Jan, 2015 and I sent a letter canceling the card.In March, 2016, there was a $12 charge to the card from an annual auto debit.

I paid the $12 and again asked them to cancel the card and stated that I would not honor any more charges. In March, 2017, another $12 charge.. I called on April 7, 2017 and they claimed to have no record of my letters, but they would take care of the matter. In the meantime, the $12 charge has accumulated late fees totaling $90!

The $12 balance has grown to $102.00!! Yesterday, on Sunday afternoon, I received a "collection call" for the "past due" account. When I informed the lady, that my wife had been deceased for over 2 years, she made a comment that she would "make a note on the account" and hung up!!

WHAT A TERRIBLE COMPANY!!ed

Review about: Elan Financial Services Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Cancel the account. I am not paying any of the unauthorized charges which are all the charges on the account!.

I didn't like: Described in complaint, Customer service.

Had an Experience with Elan Financial Services?

Comments

My nightmare with Direct express card costumer care and disputes transportation Direct Express "My card was drained wile I was going tru surgery. On may second I was hospitalized and had to go tru surgery and had complications, during that time my wallet..." Read more Citicards - NOT HAPPY Citicards "Bought a product from a sales person via phone with the understanding I could review contract products (Real Estate related). They lied and I couldn't cancel and in fact charged..." Read more Skylight Visa - Reclamo por un dinero no recibido Skylight Visa "Mi nombre es iram salas mi numero de reclamo es 3593351 estoy asiendo este reclamo porque el pasado 9-01-17 alas 12:45fui al cajero a retirar dinero y primero saque el..." Read more Elan Financial Services - Incompetent fraud investigations, make the consumer pay for fraud instead and punish the consumer!? Never using this card again!!! Elan Financial Services "I pay on-time every month in the thousands. Very happy user of the Fidelity Amex card, until Fidelity made a move over to Elan Financial Services for the Visa Signature..." Read more Lazada Philippines - Refund money and broke item Lazada Philippines "Im really dissapointed in my order in lazada because i cannot use my order because when they deliverd and i try to use but its broke, this is 2x i..." Read more Century Communities Refusal to Fix Their Issue Century Communities "My wife and I bought a home in the Reserve at Bay Creek in Loganville Georgia on January 20, 2016. Almost immediately (January 22, 2016) we started noticing water stains..." Read more Don't use Tradesy. Tradesy "I purchased a piece of luggage from EEG Closet on Tradesy and boy was I fooled... The luggage description said that it was gently used and had two scuff marks...." Read more PetArmor - DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY PetArmor "I made the exact same mistake that other people do. I used pet armour instead of Frontline like an idiot because I wanted to save thirty bucks. It doesn't work..." Read more